URC and Allterco Robotics U.S.’s flagship brand Shelly have created the first full-line integration with Total Control, URC’s residential and commercial automation platform, and Shelly’s Wi-Fi connected product lines. This full integration includes major home and office automation areas, such as lighting, climate, energy management/electrical, shades/drapes, and mechanical operation for elements like doors and windows.
The integration is based on MQTT which provided secure and stable communication between IoT system elements. MQTT is a standard messaging protocol for IoT. It is designed as an extremely lightweight publishing/subscribe messaging transport that is ideal for connecting remote devices with a small code footprint and minimal network bandwidth.
MQTT ensures that Total Control has no delay communicating with Shelly products, even battery-powered devices. Total Control users can easily understand the status of Shelly products through this stable technology.
Combining the power of systems and devices creates and new age of smart home and office automation for URC’s dealer community and end users. Key benefits include:
- Simplified Automation Programming – Fast, easy programming using Shelly products and Total Control devices and operating system.
- Multi-System Integrations – As part of URC’s Unified Modules, automate multiple platforms such as lighting, climate, energy management/electrical, and shades/drapes.
- Create Robust Scenes – With professional programming, launch scenes that create the perfect environment. Examples include a “Good Morning” or “Goodnight” scenes that adjust climate, lighting, shades/drapes, energy monitoring, and other connected home devices.
- Voice/Hands-Free Control – URC’s voice commands through Alexa or Google Home allow two-way communication with simple operation.
- Control from Anywhere – Control your home or office from any room or, using geofencing, with URC controllers and mobile app
- Energy Efficiency – Understand your energy usage and ways to reduce costs.
“We are thrilled to partner with URC for full-line integration with Total Control,” said Svetlin Todorov, CEO of Allterco Robotics US. “We are committed to working with the best in the industry to provide open, innovative, and secure solutions for the residential and commercial users. URC’s commitment to quality and customer satisfaction is second to none.”
“This full integration across the Shelly product line is a first in the industry and makes smart home or office automation faster and easier for our dealers and peace-of-mind for end users,” added Lars Granoe, URC’s vice president of product. “This partnership with Shelly includes current and future products and makes set-up and programming seamless.”
With this new integration platform, URC and Allterco Robotics are planning more integrations to ensure unique, innovative, customized experiences for end-users.
Related: Shelly Plus and Pro Further Differentiate Allterco Robotics in Marketplace