C2G, Legrand’s high-performance cabling and connectivity solutions brand, is helping to educate AV and technology professionals on the ins and outs of USB4 and Type-C interfaces in its latest white paper, “A Comprehensive Guide to USB4 & Type-C for AV Pros.”
The white paper, written by Legrand’s AV Technology Evangelist Joseph D. Cornwall, CTS-D/I, provides foundational knowledge of these new standards so AV and technology professionals can make the best connectivity design decisions.
“The benefits of this new standard can’t be overlooked; however, there are some critical takeaways to know when it comes to supporting today’s devices,” said Robert Mays, associate product marketing manager, C2G. “This white paper provides any professional with a good understanding of USB Type-C so they can carefully select the docking station to correctly support the application.”
According to C2G, this white paper will answer several key questions including:
- What are USB, USB4, Thunderbolt 4, and USB Type-C?
- How does USB Type-C handle power?
- How is Extended Power Range different from the existing Standard Power Range in USB4, and what does it mean for system design?
- What is a USB docking station?
- How is power delivery handled in docking stations?
- What is USB Type-C Alternate Mode?
- What are EMCA cables, and are they passive or active?
- How does video work over USB Type-C?
See Legrand’s full library of white papers, guides, and e-books at https://www.legrandav.com/resources/white_papers_guides_and_ebooks.