Technical training and business management education is synonymous with CEDIA Expo, and that focus will continue, albeit online in 2020, as the trade association provides an extensive slate of educational offerings at this year’s virtual edition of CEDIA Expo . The courses, which range in rigor from beginner to intermediate to advanced, cover some of the most relevant and practical subjects for home technology integrators.
Topics include a curated blend of technical, business, skill-building, and hardware- and software-focused courses. The CEDIA Education Conference – all virtual – will take place the first two days of CEDIA Expo 2020, which will run September 15-17.
“Learners will be treated to a wide array of high-quality courses delivered virtually to wherever they are in the world,” says CEDIA Vice President of Education and Training Samantha Ventura. “The subject matter will be on point for integrators of all skill levels searching for knowledge from high-caliber experts who live and breathe the finer points of the industry. We’re engaging learners on all levels and doing so with topics that will give them techniques, expertise, and valuable takeaways to grow their knowledge base and build their business.
“You can’t find virtual industry education this rigorous delivered straight to you anywhere else. We are extremely excited about the number of learning opportunities for Spanish speakers this year and the increased accessibility created by on-demand capabilities.”
In all, the 2020 CEDIA Expo education slate is made up of more than 80 classes – all online. Through the CEDIA Education pass, learners can unlock access to all courses for an early-bird rate of $149 through September 2 and $199 after September 2. Can’t make one of the courses as it’s scheduled? Anyone purchasing the pass this year will also be granted access to the virtual courses for the rest of 2020.
Beginning September 15, many sessions will be available on-demand , boosting accessibility for integrators in key global markets.
Some highlights include:
- Ten Spanish language courses on topics including cybersecurity, audio setup and calibration, project management, and automation.
- Peter Aylett will cover a critical, forthcoming update on a more accurate system to measure the performance of home theater projects.
- “Architectural Cinema: Deliver Premier Results for Projects at the Highest End” will dive deep into many principles and emerging practices such as streamlining the design process, a new benchmarking methodology, and a scoring system for theaters similar to wine or rare cars.
- A new installment of Eric Crawford’s popular “Process, Process, Process” series will explore best practices relating to proven methods for business success.
- Rich Green will examine what he says could be positioned to be “the single most important development in the history of technology:” Spatial computing.
- With more and more uses for 5G emerging every day, Michael Heiss will help you uncover where the technology is heading like virtual and augmented reality, autonomous vehicles and medical devices.
- CEDIA’s own David Meyer will take you into the evolving world of HDMI 2.1 with a look at the newest implications for technology and applications including eARC, 8K and HDR video, gaming, and compression.
- Back by popular demand, Robert Ridenour returns with his “Wash, Rinse, Repeat” series with a course focusing on streamlining and customizing well-detailed, repeatable elements in the sales process.
- Global thoughtleader Leslie Shiner will examine how to execute a breakeven analysis, designed to determine the best path to make crucial business decisions.
- “The Secret to Winning with Architects” will dissect what makes architects tick and how you, as an integrator, can learn how to understand architects better so you can unlock more business opportunities with them.
- CEDIA’s Samantha Ventura will take a comprehensive look at the many facets of the workplace and its culture that, when understood, can help you become a more successful and stronger leader, including leadership styles, developing soft skills, and common challenges leaders face.
Registration for CEDIA Expo 2020 is now available. You can connect to more about the CEDIA Education courses being offered by clicking here. Through September 2, the early bird rate for CEDIA Education is $149 and the cost will shift to $199 after September 2.