Lennar, one of the nation’s top homebuilders, and security products manufacturer, Ring, have teamed up to create Lennar Communities Connected by Ring, a suite of connected home products in new Lennar homes managed by the Ring app.
Lennar Communities Connected by Ring enhances The Connected Home by Lennar with a simplified customer experience that aims to set a new industry standard for how communities are built and enjoyed.
The Connected Home by Lennar integrates technology features such as security and convenience in a suite of premiere smart devices, reflecting Lennar’s efforts to design and build homes that meet the needs of families well into the future.
Features of Lennar Communities Connected by Ring
The home has become even more central to everyday life as families count on it not only as safe shelter – but also as office, school, gym, and restaurant. Homes in Lennar Communities Connected by Ring start with the Ring Alarm security system and Ring Video Doorbell Pro, integrating technologies developed by brands such as Level, eero, Moen, Honeywell Home by Resideo and myQ smart garage technology to create a unified experience that emphasizes convenience and comfort alongside safety and security. Homeowners can control their compatible locks, garage door, thermostat and alarms, as well as get alerts for leak detection, all through the Ring app.
Additional compatible devices can also be added and customized to each family’s unique needs. Whether they’re home or away, Lennar homeowners now have control and awareness of their home from anywhere.
Lennar LENx Technology
“Technology and innovation are a core focus of Lennar’s homebuilding and financial services platforms,” said Lennar Executive Chairman, Stuart Miller. “Through our LENx technology division, we have invested in and innovated with best-in-class brands to re-imagine important elements of the home purchase, finance, and living experience. Our strategic relationships with Ring, Alloy, Level, Moen, eero, and others in developing connected communities are an important extension of our strategy. In particular, we strongly believe that the simplicity and security focus of Ring coupled with the company’s aggressive innovation cycle is quickly becoming the industry standard.
“Technology permeates every aspect of our lives, and our goal in building it into our homes is to enhance the way families live for years to come,” Miller added. “Ring’s mission of making neighborhoods safer aligns perfectly with ours – not only by connecting neighbors to one another, but also bringing an entire suite of smart home products together in an intelligent way that simplifies life rather than complicating it.”
“At Ring we want to continue raising the bar for innovation in community security, and we’re thrilled to work with Lennar to create a secure, connected lifestyle for homebuyers,” said Jamie Siminoff, founder and chief inventor at Ring. “By building entire communities of connected homes, we are able to bring neighbors together like never before. This collaboration offers an opportunity for homebuyers to live in a home that is designed to adapt specifically to their unique needs while enabling a connected experience across the entire community.”
Connected Home by Lennar Offered Nationwide
The Connected Home by Lennar will be offered nationwide as part of Lennar’s Everything’s Included program, which incorporates the most desired features in every new home as standard. Included with these homes are:
- A flexible and expandable Ring Alarm security system, featuring Ring Video Doorbell Pro, contact sensors for doors and windows, a keypad, motion sensors, and a smoke and carbon monoxide listener. Additionally, Ring smart lights and other compatible smart devices can be added and controlled via the Ring app
- Level’s invisible smart locks are designed to fit everyday life and allow family and friends to access the home in a way that’s most convenient for them – touch, smartphone, a key card, or even a regular key
- eero Pro 6, which offers Wi-Fi 6 technology to deliver faster speeds, higher performance, and better support for simultaneously connected devices throughout your home. eero is constantly working in the background to keep networks safe and secure with automatic software updates that provide the latest security patches, bug fixes, and feature upgrades
- The Flo by Moen Smart Water Shutoff, which is a smart leak detection and water monitoring device that provides 24/7 protection and can automatically turn off the water to the home if a leak or risk are detected. Lennar is the first major homebuilder to include Flo by Moen as a standard feature
- A Honeywell Home Resideo smart thermostat that allows a homeowner to adjust the home’s temperature from anywhere;
- LiftMaster’s myQ Smart Garage Control, which allows homeowners to control, secure, and monitor the garage door from anywhere in the world
- Alloy SmartHome, which is a self-guided tour technology that enables customer access to homes to allow for independent, flexible home tours.
Lennar installs the Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Level smart locks, Flo by Moen, MyQ garage door opener and Honeywell Home smart thermostat during construction while the other devices and services are easy, do-it-yourself setups after a homebuyer moves in. The eero app walks a homeowner through setup and allows them to manage their network from anywhere. The Ring Alarm also offers expandability so homeowners can add supplemental compatible products to their home.