The NAD Electronics Masters M10 V2 BluOS Streaming Amplifier features 100 watts per channel of amplification and BluOS streaming capabilities and adds the capability to expand with Dolby Digital Surround decoding, an enclosed IR remote control, and updated gain algorithms.
It ships globally in August 2021 and will retail for US $2,749.
“The original M10 caught the industry off-guard and made audiophiles and non-audiophiles reimagine what hi-fi can and should be,” stated Cas Oostvogel, product manager for NAD Electronics. “The M10 V2 continues where the first left off and adds even more versatility as a two-channel or potentially a wireless home theatre system.”
Just Add Speakers to the M10 V2
The M10 V2 includes audiophile–grade speaker terminals and two independent subwoofer jacks. Output settings for the subwoofer are controlled and adjusted through the BluOS Controller app.
Home theater fans can build a Dolby Digital Surround Sound wireless 4.0, 4.1 or 4.2 immersive home theater system using a pair of BluOS surround-enabled wireless speakers or amplifiers. The M10 V2 is capable of transmitting to rear channels wirelessly, with very low latency, making connecting wires around the room unnecessary.
Abundance of Control Options
The M10 V2 offers many control options, including a full-color touchscreen front panel. New to this iteration of the product is an included IR remote control for access to basic audio controls and presets. Streaming music can be controlled through the BluOS app, which includes dozens of natively integrated music streaming services and thousands of internet radio stations.
The M10 V2 supports AirPlay 2, Bluetooth aptX HD, is Roon Ready, and can be used with popular voice control assistants. For smart homes, the M10 V2 can be integrated into Control4, Crestron, Lutron, and other home-automation systems, so you can control music playback, along with other home systems like lighting, shades, HVAC, and security.
M10 V2 Audiophile-Grade Amplification
Bringing everything but the speakers to the hi-fi experience, the M10 V2 features audiophile-grade amplification and DAC, with built in sources and pre-amp capabilities. Featuring an upgraded 7-inch IPS color touchscreen, the M10 V2 delivers purer colors and a wider viewing angle than its predecessor.
nCore amplification technology conservatively rated at 100 watts per channel is included behind the full-color display that doubles as an intuitive touchscreen controller for volume, sources, and other audio controls. The M10 V2’s updated gain algorithms allow for higher output levels with inefficient speakers. Higher gain is also included in the subwoofer outputs, which allows for a wider range of subwoofer-main speaker combinations.
Its ESS Sabre DAC handles BluOS audio streams, which processes up to 24-bit/192kHz, and supports MQA and other lossless and high-resolution audio formats from streaming services such as Amazon Music Ultra HD, Deezer, Qobuz, and Tidal.
Created by the award-winning design firm DF-ID, the M10 V2 features a solid brushed aluminum chassis and Gorilla Glass top and front panels. The minimalist design allows for the M10 V2 to fit into any living space. With the addition of Dirac Live room correction, any listening room can achieve acoustic perfection.
The enclosed calibrated microphone allows for measurement of the room’s acoustic anomalies, helping to correct peaks and dips caused by the room’s acoustics up to 500Hz (a full-bandwidth version is available through Dirac). Up to five listening profiles can be uploaded and saved to create a tailored experience if there are multiple listening positions, you have two or more channels active or want to compensate for whether or not the curtains are drawn, for example.
Variety of Playback Options
The NAD Masters M10 V2 epitomizes thoroughly modern hi-fi for today’s listener featuring a variety of different playback options. Through the user-friendly BluOS app, listeners are able to play music from their favorite streaming service, as well as locally stored music. The M10 V2 includes RCA analogue, optical and coaxial digital, HDMI eARC, and USB Type A inputs, to connect compact disc players, game consoles, external drives, media adapters, flat-panel displays, and other components.
Two-way aptX HD Bluetooth is also featured, showcasing the versatility of the M10 V2. Listeners are further able to choose their listening medium of choice such as stereo loudspeakers, wireless headphones, a surround sound setup or a multi-room set-up of up to 63 other BluOS wireless players. The NAD Masters M10 V2 BluOS Streaming amplifier is a modern system for the modern listener.
Features and Details
- M10 V2 BluOS Streaming Amplifier
- Wireless 4.0, 4.1 and 4.2-channel surround sound options
- Hybrid Digital nCore Amplifier with updated gain algorithms
- Continuous Power: 100W into 8/4 Ohms
- Dynamic Power: 160W into 8 Ohms 300W into 4 Ohms
- 32-bit/384kHz ESS Sabre DAC
- Dirac Live Room Correction
- IPS Color LCD display
- Infrared remote control handset included
- Amazon Alexa & Google Assistant voice control skills
- AirPlay 2 integration, with support for Siri Voice Assistant
- Roon Ready
- Spotify Connect and Tidal Connect
- Two-way Qualcomm aptX HD Bluetooth
- NFC Bluetooth pairing for compatible smart devices
- BluOS multi-room compatible
- Gigabit Ethernet; Wi-Fi 802.11ac (WiFi 5)
- HDMI eARC,USB Type A inputs
- Stereo line analogue and coaxial/optical digital inputs
- Preamp output, two independent subwoofer outputs with updated gain algorithms
- IR Input, 12V Trigger Out
- Apps for iOS, Android, macOS, Windows, Crestron, Control4, RTI, URC, Elan, Lutron, iPort
- Wide variety of premium music services supported in BluOS app, including Amazon, Spotify,
- Tidal, TuneIn, Napster, Deezer, Qobuz and many others
- Support for all major lossless and lossy formats, including WAV, FLAC, AIFF, ALAC, AAC, MP3,
- Ogg Vorbis, and others
- MQA decoding and rendering