Just in time for CEDIA 2023, NETGEAR is launching PR460X, the newest addition to complete the brand’s Total Network Solution Ecosystem for residential installers a 10G/Multi-Gigabit Dual WAN Pro Router with Insight Remote Cloud Management.
The new PR460X Pro Router — exclusively for authorized integrators — promises blazing-fast speeds, uninterrupted connectivity, and stress-free network management.
The PR460X router was designed exclusively for residential and commercial installation projects in mind and to bundle with NETGEAR Pro WiFi Access Points and select Smart Switches to deliver a complete, seamless and future-proof custom experience.
The high-performance hardware of the PR460X, featuring 10G/multi-gig throughput and multiple Ethernet ports and an SFP+ port, enables super-fast data transfers, accommodating multiple connected devices — from the smart TV and PoE speaker system, to the at-home conference setup and home security system — without compromising speed.
For homeowners, the router’s dual-WAN failover protection guarantees that families stay connected even during critical moments as the PR460X seamlessly switches to the backup in the event of a primary connection failure, ensuring continuous access to online services, streaming and smart devices.
The router’s rack-mountable design features rear-facing ports to enable integrators to mount the PR460X with ports facing the front, tailoring the setup to their specific needs.
Residential installers can complete the total network solution with NETGEAR:
- Pro WiFi Access Points – a comprehensive product line of WiFi 6 and 6E access points supported by 2.5G Ethernet, fully compatible with Insight Managed Multi-Gig PoE Smart Switches.
- Smart Switches – a robust product line of Multi-Gig and 10G PoE switches, spanning 5 to 48 ports with POE+ and POE++ capability for powering Pro WiFi Access Points, for example.
The PR460X’s integration with NETGEAR Pro WiFi Access Points and select Smart Switches through the Insight Cloud Management platform ensures comprehensive coverage and optimal performance. This integration simplifies setup and enhances overall network management, making it hassle-free for both integrators and homeowners.
The platform empowers users with easy plug-and-play setup and comprehensive cloud (app and online portal) and local management capabilities. With a four-year Insight subscription included, residential integrators gain real-time control over their clients’ networks from anywhere, 24/7.
Additional technical specifications
- High performance hardware – 10G/Multi-Gig throughput and 1×2.5G WAN, 1x10G/Multi-Gig WAN/LAN configurable port, 3×2.5G LAN and 1x10G SFP+ LAN ports.
- Primary and secondary internet connections – Dual-WAN ports for failover accommodating two internet connections to maintain a reliable link. The first connection functions as the primary and the other as a backup.
- 8 VLANs for network segmentation – For more secure and efficient use of network resources, separate the network into up to 8 segments (VLANs).
- 8 DHCP servers for better security and manageability – Multiple DHCP servers enable multiple Layer3 independent networks for a higher level of security and intra-network manageability, one for each VLAN.
- IPSec VPN – Provides up to 30 VPN tunnels for businesses to connect remote workers, branch offices, and partners to the main corporate network.
At CEDIA Expo 2023 in Denver, attendees can stop by booth 3547 to see NETGEAR’s total network solution in person. The company is also holding 2 educational sessions at the show on Thursday, September 7, in Room 707. From 1-2:30pm, catch Laurent Masia explain Network Design for AV over IP Installations. Then from 3-4pm, hear from Douglas Cheung on What You Need to Know about WiFi 7 (and other wireless stuff).
The PR460X is sold exclusively through authorized integrators and comes bundled with four years of NETGEAR Insight and our ProSupport Services. To learn more about NETGEAR residential solutions visit https://www.netgear.com/residential.