SLING TV has debuted the latest addition to the AirTV family of devices, AirTV Anywhere – Powered by SLING, which is a new Wi-Fi-enabled network hub featuring enhanced functionality and built-in DVR capabilities.
AirTV Anywhere, when paired with SLING TV’s live streaming TV service, a streaming media device and an over-the-air (OTA) antenna, provides a complete cable replacement solution, enabling customers to stream free local broadcast channels from an OTA antenna to anywhere in the U.S. alongside popular networks from SLING TV.
The device’s design eliminates common pain points associated with OTA antennas, such as wiring multiple rooms with individual antennas. AirTV Anywhere wirelessly delivers local broadcast channels to compatible internet-connected devices, smartphones, and tablets, via the free SLING TV app using a single OTA antenna and a wireless or wired home network.
“Too many people continue overpaying for TV because they think cutting cable is too complicated,” said Adam Kucera, director of sales, SLING TV. “With SLING TV plus AirTV Anywhere, Americans can unlock the best kept secret in TV – free local channels that add up to hundreds in annual savings – all while making the switch to streaming with SLING TV at the best price.”
AirTV Anywhere Features
- Whole-home DVR solution:The built-in 1 TB hard drive allows consumers to record more than 150 hours of local HD content and access recordings alongside SLING Cloud DVR recordings, without connecting an external hard drive.
- Quad tuner:With four OTA tuners, consumers can watch and/or record up to four streams simultaneously, including one outside of the home on a compatible mobile device.
- Compact design:With a vertical design and powerful 802.11ac 2×2 dual-band Wi-Fi system, AirTV Anywhere can be placed throughout the home to optimize for the best OTA signal in the home, regardless of the TV’s location, and deliver local channel signals to multiple streaming devices simultaneously via the SLING TV app.
- SLING TV integration: Instead of using a separate app to watch local channels, customers will see over-the-air programming alongside their SLING TV subscription within the app’s guide, Cloud DVR recordings and in “My Channels,” creating a seamless viewing experience.
- Compatible devices: Supported streaming players include AirTV Mini, AirTV Player, Apple TV, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, Roku and Apple and Android mobile devices.
- No subscription fees: AirTV Anywhere requires no monthly subscription fees; new customers can set up a free SLING TV account to access their local channels via AirTV.
AirTV Anywhere joins AirTV’s line of cord-cutting products and services, which aim to create an integrated, whole-home solution that marries the choice and value of streaming with the simplicity and convenience of traditional TV services. AirTV Anywhere pairs with the AirTV Mini, allowing customers to stream local broadcast channels and enjoy free local sports, news and major events along with other popular streaming apps on any connected TV.
AirTV Anywhere is available for $199.99 on AirTV.net or by calling SLING TV at 888.291.0438.