Designed in partnership with Pixelgen, THX Interconnect cables provide reliable high-bandwidth signal delivery and full HDMI 2.1 functionality; Cables to be showcased at CEDIA Expo
THX Ltd., is launching THX Interconnect Ultra High Speed HDMI 2.1 cables, designed in partnership with Pixelgen. THX Interconnect are a family of cables capable of delivering 100% uncompressed 48Gbps signaling to optimize the fidelity and reliability of nearly any sized or configured home theater system.
THX is also relaunching its home theater installer THX Certified Training series. Both will be highlighted in early September in Denver, CO, at the CEDIA Expo.
“The THX mission is to empower high-fidelity entertainment, regardless of where and how consumers want to enjoy movies, music and games,” said Jason Fiber, CEO of THX Ltd. “The THX Interconnect cables ensure all home theater components work in harmony at the highest resolutions, regardless of the length. We are pleased to bring home theater enthusiasts around the globe this cost-effective and incredibly reliable new solution. We also look forward to reintroducing the THX Certified Training program which has been dormant for a few years but is back due to overwhelming demand from the home theater installation industry.”
THX Interconnect cables are ideal for everyone who enjoys movies, music, gaming, sporting events, and streaming content at home over their TV, projector, or personal computer display. The cables come in nine lengths to meet the needs of nearly any setup, home theater, or private cinema. Utilizing Pixelgen’s PXLGLASS Hybrid Fiber/Copper technology, the THX Interconnect cables maintain the smallest cable diameter possible regardless of length when crossing over from copper to long-reach optical fiber requirements, making installation and management easy and effective.
“The weakest home theater cabling link has the potential to bring down an entire system, and the end users viewing experience with it,” said Jack MacDougall, founder, and CEO, Pixelgen. “THX Interconnect cables have been tailored to give everyone optimal system stability, total HDMI 2.1 functionality, and the maximum 48G bandwidth passing through their system.”
THX Interconnect Ultra High Speed HDMI cables support the maximum 8-10K resolutions at 60 frames per second, and include:
- THX Interconnect (Copper) short-range cable for six sizes: 0.5m (1.64 ft), 1m (3.28 ft), 1.5m (4.92 ft), 2m (6.56 ft), 3m (9.84 ft), 5m (16.4 ft); and
- THX Interconnect (Copper + Optical Fiber with embedded PXLGLASS™ Technology) long-range cable for three sizes: 7.6m (24.9 ft), 10m (32.8 ft), 15m (49.2 ft).
THX Interconnect cables are thin, flexible, and robust. With any signal transmission method (0.5-to-5m Copper-based or 7.6m-to-15m PXLGLASS Optical), each cable provides the following:
- 100% uncompressed high-speed signal delivery up to 8K60 48Gbps.
- Total HDMI 2.1b Protocol Functionality including Enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC), Consumer Electronics Control (CEC), Dynamic HDR (High Dynamic Range), HDCP (High bandwidth Digital Content Protection) 2.X as well as all new gaming-centric features, VRR (Variable Refresh Rate), QMS (Quick Media Switching), ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode), and QFT (Quick Frame Transport).
- Speed HDMI Cable Certification (HDMI 2.1b Category 3 for Optical lengths) with scannable official UHD label affixed to packaging.
- Internally validated to THX Certified 8K Interconnect Standards; maximized 8K HDMI equipment interoperability, in-system reliability, stringent fitness-to-application testing, hot-plugging, power sequencing and time-lapsed pixel error testing.
- Smallest cable diameter possible, ensuring minimal bend radius and encouraging maximum flexibility without compromising reliable signal delivery.