URC and GUDE, a German manufacturer of power and monitoring solutions, have introduced an integration to enable Power Distribution Units (PDU) from GUDE to switch and control of AV technology and IT equipment in smart homes, conference rooms, and digital signage installations.
The switched and metered IP power solutions allow for power-cycling media controller and servers, reducing power consumption of standby appliances and monitoring AV installations.
Integrating across GUDE’s PDU product line, URC products can now automate environments with greater power efficiency and security. In practice, the end user can use URC’s Total Control to switch on, switch off or reboot devices such as media players, streaming boxes or routers.
Combining these powerful systems creates a new age of unified, smart commercial and residential control for URC’s customers. Key benefits include:
- Unified Operation – GUDE PDU devices operate within the Total Control system for easy and secure control and automation.
- Customization to Match User Preferences – Form multiple rooms, zones or devices, Total Control’s superior user experience allow easy adjustment including power management and usage.
- Remote, Secure Dealer Access – Within a secure environment, the integration allows dealers remote access (with end user approval) to trouble-shoot, monitor or adjust.
- Monitor Power Efficiency – Integrated energy meters in the IP power switches allow for precise measurement of power consumption and enable the exploitation of energy saving potentials. The result: lower electricity costs and increased sustainability
- Power System Resiliency – Power-cycling (reboot) of connected devices helps applications to get back on their feet. This can be accomplished either automatically via monitoring routines or by remote access via URC’s Total Control.
With professional installation, this new integration launches customized scenes where multiple activities occur like activating lighting and starting AV devices along. Easy and convenient for the customer, this integration occurs at URC user interfaces, like touch screens and remotes.
“This next generation of power distribution, efficiency and resiliency integration with GUDE ensures that our dealers can easily install more secure smart systems with premium security and monitoring quality,” stated Lars Granoe, URC’s VP product development.
“We are proud to partner with URC and AWE to offer true turnkey solutions with our premium PDUs made in Germany. It’s really good news for all smart homeowners, integrators and dealers having the goal of saving service costs and increasing operational safety,” added Philipp Gude, CSO of GUDE Systems.