URC has launched a new gaming-inspired handheld user interface. The TDC-5100 combines the strengths of URC’s legacy of handheld user interfaces with a touch screen and hard buttons.
Continuing its product innovation plan, URC is launching the TDC-5100 with gaming-inspired design, hard and digital buttons, and fast processing. This new, combination touch screen and handheld is designed for smart home and commercial environments.
Related: URC Celebrates Unique Residential and Commercial Installations
This new handheld controller presents a streamlined design with both a touch screen and hard buttons for optimal hand feel and functionality. The TDC-5100’s hard buttons deliver the convenience of control without having to look at the screen. When separated from the charging base, the keypad features back-side finger grips. The 5-inch color LCD screen delivers high-resolution graphics and ease of use.
With enhanced processing speed, the TDC-5100 enables quick response to simple one-touch or voice commands, and the built-in mic and speaker communicate seamlessly via Amazon Alexa, Comcast Xfinity, or Apple TV. Proximity, ambient light, and pickup sensors wake the device to help ensure a premium user experience. Compatible with all current URC Total Control integrations, the TDC-5100 can control an entire residential or commercial URC system.
According to recent data, URC’s research confirms that consumers continue to prefer alternative control devices, such as the TDC-5100, to the continued complexity and heavy usage of smart phones and related apps. Concerns over wellness are forcing consumers to rethink their device choices.
With the end user and dealers in mind, URC’s TDC-5100 offers:
- Inspired Design: Products built on research that deliver sleek design, easy operation, right-sized touch screen and physical keys, comfortable grip for convenient hand fit, and thin profile to naturally fit your hands.
- Advanced User Experience: Voice control and simple, one-touch operation allow the user to engage via vibrant screen and X-Large icons with extensive customization options.
- Ease of Use: Users of all ages will enjoy hard buttons with the most common functions (like volume and channel controls) and convenient touch screen icons for the remaining commands. The hard buttons and touch screen stay active when in the convenient charging base.
- Power of Voice Control: When awake, the built-in mic and speaker allow users to communicate seamlessly using voice commands via Amazon Alexa, Comcast Xfinity, or Apple TV. When on charging base, the TDC-5100, like most of URC interfaces, remains awake allowing voice control for integrations like soon to be released certified Ring integration. This feature can be programmed to set the interface to sleep, if preferred.
- Single Device Solution: While users can access URC’s Total Control® app, they can easily use the TDC-5100 or any of URC’s interfaces as a single-use device to control their systems.
- No-Look Operation: Hard buttons allow the user to operate without the need to look at the remote, then screen…then remote…repeat…repeat…repeat.
- Complete, Easy-to-Program Dealer Solutions: Easy installation with 2.4 and 5 GHz Quick Connect WiFi and fast programming using URC Accelerator operating system.
“We listen to our valued dealers while carefully considering industry trends,” said Chang K. Park, CEO of URC. “The new TDC-5100 addresses the needs and preferences of consumers while aiding our dealers in growing and evolving their businesses. Based on our testing, the TDC-5100 will be a hit!”