Metra Home Theater Group has introduced its Velox fiber HDMI cables designed for the 8K future in new 5- and 8-meter lengths. These ultimate high-speed cables are engineered with a bandwidth capability up to 48Gbps for 8K and 10K content.
The EHV-HDG2 Series from Velox was previously available in lengths from 10 to 100 meters, or 32.8 to 328 feet, for long-distance runs. Now, integrators can purchase these cables in 5-meter and 8-meter lengths, or 16.4 and 26.3 feet, as the EHV-HDG2-005 and EHV-HDG2-008.
Compatible with a Wide Range of Devices
The 100-meter cable in this series won a Residential Top New Technology (TNT) award in 2020 as it was one of the first HDMI cables to support 48Gbps at 100 meters with its innovative technology. The ability to inject external power into the cable has also been one of the features that have helped make this cable compatible with a wide range of devices.
Metra Velox Fiber HDMI Cables Product Specifications
- 48Gbps bandwidth for uncompressed ultimate high speed video performance
- Supports up to 8K/10K resolutions, designed at 12Gbps per channel x 4 channels
- ARC, eARC and Ethernet supported up to 10 meters (32.8 feet)
- Supports all color subsampling
- Supports Dynamic HDR
- Backward compatible with HDMI 2.0, HDCP 2.2 and all earlier versions
- 24K gold plated, corrosion-resistant contact connectors
- Multi-layer shielding to prevent electromagnetic interference, maximizing noise isolation and protecting components from HDMI ultra-low speed emanations
- CL-listed for in-wall installations
- Includes USB cables for external power
- Attachable screw locking connectors included
- Lifetime warranty